I’m currently creating a rosacea healing map, which will become the foundation for an online course I plan on launching in 2023.
Depending on the bio-individuality of the person “going through the map”, several key things will need to be addressed.
The Rosacea Healing Map:
1. Lowering systemic inflammation: a BROAD and complex section that includes many subsections such as:
- Choosing the right diet (a one-size-fits-all diet will NOT heal rosacea, even an anti-inflammatory diet or a cleanse)
- Healing gut dysbiosis
- Addressing nutritional deficiencies, a huge issue for most of my clients
- Identifying, removing, and/or detoxing from environmental aggressors such as mold, and toxic chemicals
- Identifying, removing, and/or detoxing internal aggressors such as viruses, parasites, heavy metal toxicity
2. Nervous system regulation: probably the most important thing to address since stress plays a big role and impacts many different functions in the body
3. Emotional root cause: an often ignored root cause and one we also dive into in our 4-week program Self-Heal
4. Detoxification: this one is a biggie and it has to be done right, otherwise you’ll end up with an even bigger skin crisis! Cleanses and detoxes are uber popular right now, but they are NOT the first place to start if you’re healing a skin “issue”.
5. Optimizing ALL the systems in the body, including neuro, cardio, digestive, immune, and endocrine. Rosacea is not a “skin” issue, treating ONLY the symptoms will have you chase your tail.
To fully heal rosacea, we need to ask “why”: Why is this happening in the body? What is the root cause? Asking key questions enables us to move away from symptom treatment and instead get to the root causes.
Nervous system regulation, the foundation to healing rosacea
As I shared, one of the key foundations to healing rosacea (or any dis-ease) is accessing a parasympathetic state. If you’re constantly in a stressed (sympathetic) state, your body cannot heal.
1. Address past traumas in a safe container such as Self-Heal, Holistic Kinesiology or Somatic healing
2. Implement a morning and evening routine that supports hormonal function
3. Optimize your sleep
4. Use breathwork such as Wim Hoff’s breathing exercises
5. Use heat (saunas) and cold water therapies. Saunas are amazing for detoxification and stress reduction, even if you have rosacea!
6. Vagal toning exercises are a great way to regulate your nervous system and promote a calm, rested state
7. Working with plant medicine that supports and nourishes the nervous system. Nervous system-loving plants are (to name just a few) Avena sativa (oat), Melissa officionalis (Lemonbalm), Ocimum tenuiflorum (Sacred or Holy basil), Scuttelaria lateriflora (American skullcap) or adaptogens such Ashwagandha, Rhodiola rosea (my bestie these days), Reishi, Eleutherococcus senticosus (Siberian ginseng). To get the right dosage and right forms (tea, tinctures, essences) you’ll have to work with a herbalist.
Remember that the best rosacea healing map is one that is customized to your own bio-individuality.
Need guidance on your skin healing journey?
Rosacea treatment, is it a trap?
Is looking for a rosacea treatment a trap? I wanted to address the topic of “rosacea treatment” because it is, unfortunately, the number one search on Google. (More on why it's unfortunate later on in this article.) In your search for a “rosacea treatment”, you may...
The Rosacea Diet
The Rosacea Diet While a late-night Googling may have shown you 200 searches claiming that there is such a thing as a “rosacea diet”, the truth is that a one-size-fits-all “rosacea diet” isn’t going to get you to your goal of rosacea-free skin. Will the so-called...